READING IS OVERRATED

LET YOUR MIND DO THE TALKING

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cool way to save the earth


A cool thing i find, n as i hate to type i will just copy n paste from the internet as wat this thing do....Here r the deal..
Die Electric, an online exhibit of energy-saving products for your home by “freelance electrical engineer” and inventor Scot Amron is notable for three reasons: its mind, its heart, and its eyes are in all the right places.

Like most other people in their right mind, I believe that the climate is changing and that mankind is largely responsible. At the same time, like many other people I wasn’t aware of just how drastic the problem was, and I didn’t know what I could do about it (beyond complaining) until I saw An Inconvenient Truth. Yeah, I went there. Whatever we may think about Al Gore (or Melissa Etheridge), that movie got a lot of people off of their asses. After seeing the movie, I went to its website and read the list of ways that I could cut my personal energy consumption. I was amazed to find that even when an appliance is turned off, it might still be drawing electricity if you leave it plugged in. According to Mr. Gore & Co., leaving things plugged in when they are off accounts for “5 percent of total domestic energy consumption.” Yikes. But after you’ve unplugged your appliances, what are you supposed to put in the unsightly empty socket?

Die Electric presents an attractive and symbolically-rich alternative to little black parallel lines. Each Die Electric product is made of a non-conducting material, and some find clever, environmentally responsible uses for more traditional products. Die Electric stops up potential energy “leaks,” and tells electricity, We don’t like you being wasted all the time, buddy. Check out the product displays and buying information at the Die Electric website. Stick it to your energy company.

No comments: