READING IS OVERRATED

LET YOUR MIND DO THE TALKING

Sunday, May 07, 2006

About time !!!God u r stayin in Liverpool

Robbie Fowler spoke of his delight after the Reds offered him a new one year deal at Anfield.
Manager Rafael Benitez confirmed Fowler will put pen to paper on his contract next week after impressing since his arrival from Manchester City in January. Fowler has netted four goals in 15 games since his return to the club and he's now hoping to further extend his brilliant Anfield scoring record over the next twelve months. Speaking exclusively to Liverpoolfc.tv at Melwood, Fowler said: "It's not signed yet but you can imagine how happy I was when the manager offered me another year. I can't put my feelings into words, this is something I have wanted for a long time. "When I signed for six months in January the manager told me he would look at the situation at the end of the season. He's had a look at what I've done and thankfully I've been given the best possible answer. "I feel as though I've done alright and the manager has been pleased with me as well. I'm looking forward to next season now. I was buzzing when I got a six month deal so you can imagine how happy I am to have been given another year. I am absolutely over the moon. "We've got two games to go and then a break before pre-season. I can't wait for next season now. I just want to get going again. I'm gutted I have to miss next week's Cup final but I wish the lads all the best and I know we can win it." Fowler has been delighted with the reception he's had from Liverpool fans since his return to the club and he's now keen to make further inroads up the all-time Anfield scoring charts. "Ian Rush's record for the club is frightening and if I can get a bit closer to it that'll be great," he added. "I had been treating every game as though it could be my last for Liverpool but now I've got the added incentive of knowing I'll get more chances to wear the red shirt next season. "This club is going places. If you look at the table this season compared to last season there's been a big improvement. Hopefully we can take it a little bit further next season. I would love to be part of a Liverpool side that wins the league championship and I am sure the manager is on the right lines towards achieving it. "Ever since I started at Liverpool as a kid the fans have taken to me and any player will tell you when the supporters of your club are behind you then that helps an awful lot. I just can't thank them enough. They've given me so much support over the years and I'm grateful for that. Now I can't wait to score more goals for them and the club over the next year."
Now we r in business...we will be upstopable next season.. Better watch out !!!!

No comments: